“Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Our floors are expression of the mastery of Italian craftsmanship in the creation of wood surfaces wich are finely worked with precious inlays. Wood is the essence of our creations, but the wise combination of it with different materials, originates beautiful patterns that will suprise you. Find here your exclusive floors.
SOLID vs. ENGINEERED
Solid hardwood flooring is constructed with 100% hardwood and each plank is a single solid piece. We source all of our solid hardwood choosing the best types of essence from all over the world, where the knocking down is controlled and the territory is reforest, throughout Africa, Asia, Europe and South America.
- One of the many benefits of solid wood flooring is that it can be sanded and refinished many times during a lifetime.
- It’s a great choice for first and second floors and it’s ideal for living spaces (living rooms, dining rooms, kitchen and bedrooms).
- Solid hardwood flooring is durable and reliable.
- One of wood’s natural property is to expand and contract according to temperature and humidity. This makes solid wood less suitable for basements and under-floor heating systems. Anyway, the installation in these type of environment can be done by following a precise procedure.
Hardwood is pre-assembled in our plant and divided into sectors hold by a heat activated adhesive net placed on the back. Then, the hardwood flooring is installed, sanded and varnished on site.
Solid wood is particolarly suitable for designs with wooden decors, but in some cases it’s also possible to add other materials to the composition. Ask more information to our team.
Engineered hardwood floors are made up of layers. The top layer is usually 4 mm of natural wood, which comes in a variety of species. The layers that you can’t see is 11 mm of phenolic birch plywood.
- The grain of each layer in playwood runs perpendicularly. This means that temperature and humidity have a minor effect on the floor because the core of the engineered wood is highly stable and less likely to expand or contract.
- It’s ideal in any room above or below ground, including basements.
- Engineered wood is more suitable than solid wood to be applied over radiant heating systems.
- Since the thickness of natural wood is usually 4 mm thick, engineered wood can be sanded and refinished a few times, but not as many times as solid wood. This makes it less durable.
Engineered wood is usually assembled into tiles, finished in our plant before the delivery.
This wood is particolarly suitable for designs with metal or resin inlays, but not only.
Elegant and sophisticated, marble can give to all kinds of environment a noble aspect. Following some examples you can choose:
If you are oriented to a more spicy composition, you will be sorprised by the combination of wood with metals. The result will be a luxury floor with a futuristic style. Even a traditional design, if braided with metal, will assume a more fresh and modern aspect.
Choose the resin that fascinates you more or that better matches your forniture, among the wide range at your disposal. If you don’t find in our catalogue the perfect match, ask us to find it for you. Here some examples.